These are some terms that are important to your understanding of what we do and
will insure that we understand your needs and desires.
- Is an upright die and base together. It is also referred to as
a tombstone, headstone or gravestone.
- Slant Marker
- A grave site marker that is slanted and is on a granite base.
- Beveled Marker
- Is a marker with a slight bevel.
- Grass Marker
- A marker that is flush with the ground.
- Balanced Rock Pitch (brp)
- This is the rough edge of a stone.
- Pol 1
- Polished face of stone.
- Pol 2
- Polished face and back of stone.
- Pol 3
- Polished face, back and top of stone.
- Pol 5
- Polished face, back, top and sides or all polished stone
- Examples of Measurements
- 3-0 × 0-8 × 2-0 = 3ft. by 8inches by 2ft. (length
× width × height).
- A skilled artisan uses a diamond tipped etching tool to scratch
the granite's polished surface and create a timeless portrait that is a true piece
of art. Etchings can have color added to them for a more realistic representation.
- Laser Etching
- Laser etching is when we take a customer's photo or a picture
and actually laser it on the stone. It is done by lasering the polished area of
the stone and is not a deep engraving unlike the sandblast method.
- A sandblaster uses a high pressured blower to blast sand into
granite for inscribing letters, numbers, pictures and designs.
- Hand Tooling
- A highly skilled artisan shapes and carves numbers and letters
out of stone, by hand — creating different styles of lettering. Examples would be
round raised lettering, square raised lettering and V-sunk lettering.
- Thermal Finish
- A rough finish used for pavers so it is a non slippery surface.
We take a blow torch to the granite and rough it up a little for a rougher texture.